Updates

Wow, I haven't blogged for the longest time! #fail Hopefully that will change. And I think it will,along with other changes coming along real soon.

For starters, I got a new job! Come Monday, August 6, I will be working for a new company. It's a multinational company providing travel and expense management solutions. I don't want to divulge more details right now - for some reason, I feel that it isn't "official" until after I actually start reporting to work. Weird, I know. After all, I did sign the contract on Monday (July 30). Anyway, one of the best things about my new job is that I work during the day! That's right - I'm "normal" again! Wow, it has been years since I had a dayshift job. Hello rush hour traffic! LOL

Been watching a lot of movies lately - from Cinemalaya (watched only two movies, bummer!!) to Hollywood summer blockbusters. The last one was kinda different - it was a local film by Chito Roño, one of the country's good directors. The film is called The Healing. Apparently it had two versions - the standard R-13 version, and the R-18 version. I wanted to watch the latter as apparently it is a lot more gruesome, with guts and blood spilling and stuff. Macabre!!! However, Alabang Town Center only has the R-13 version during that time. The film was good - it gives you a "healthy" dose of scares. However, they could've used better effects, especially when the former patients start going into a murderous streak. I don't want to go into much details for fear of a spoiler. I suggest you watch it and take a break from all the Hollywood flicks, at least for this instance. Let's show our support to the local movie industry! #makabayan

This crazy weather we've been having these past couple of weeks is causing a lot of people to get sick - myself included! Friday last week I got really sick, whilst stuck in Makati early evening traffic! Then by Monday I felt better. That was when I had the contract signing. After a couple of days I lost my voice! I have a cough too, but it's the kind where the phlegm does not want to come out! Dry cough, I think is what the commercials call it. Sigh. I have been taking an expectorant these last two days. For the most part I think it's working. But I haven't exactly been a very good patient either - still drinking sweets at times and/or cold beverages. #fail I hope I recover ASAP - I don't want to come to work on Monday with no voice!
Sent from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment