Boracay escape

I am writing this inside a coaster on my way to Kalibo International Airport. My beach trip was cut short by a day as I need to fly out to Australia today (Monday, Sept 17). More on that later.

This Boracay trip was proposed by a good college friend of mine a couple of months ago. Since her husband was going to Australia in September, and she needed a vacation, she asked if I wanted to join her to Boracay. I jumped on the opportunity right away - I badly needed a break myself, what with all that I've endured with my previous company. Besides, I haven't been to the beach yet this year. Well, there was this Laiya day trip way back in January. But, it was only for one day, and if my good friend from HK didn't come over here to the Philippines I wouldn't be going. Anyway, I'm digressing.

So, she booked the flight, and we got a pretty sweet deal for it too. Only PHP1700 each for a round trip ticket. Not too shabby, eh? Now we just have to find a hotel. Fortunately, a sweet deal came up in one of them discount websites. This was for a known resort, and the rates are fantastic! Granted, September is an off-peak/lean season in Boracay, so naturally the rates will be lower. But this is a real hotel, plus it comes with free breakfast, dinner and massage. For four nights. All in all, it just boils down to PHP2300 a night. That is a good deal if you ask me. Anyway, the place is called Pearl of the Pacific, which is Station 1.



To be continued...
Sent from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment