Madz et.al. Concert

November 23, 2012 - Philam Life Theater, United Nations Avenue, City of Manila.

Madz et.al is a concert of all the choirs, vocal ensembles, chorales of members of the Philippine Madrigal Singers (or the Madz as they are fondly called), whether past or present. They can be church choirs, corporate singing groups, high school chorales which are headed by Madz peeps.


I was excited about this event for several reasons. First, it's a concert featuring various choirs. Having been a choir boy for the longest time, I enjoy watching chorale performances. I know how exciting and nerve-wracking it can be to perform on a stage. Second, it's at the Philam Life Theater. I read from way back that this theater has one of the best acoustics amongst all theaters in the metro. I have actually performed there once - this was for a chorale competition way back in high school. So, it's also nostalgic for me to be watching there again. Lastly, my cousin's choir, Coro de Sta. Cecilia, is performing. He has been head of that choir for a long time now. In fact, they sang at my sister's wedding. They're really good.

My cousin scored me two free tickets, which is such a blessing! I took my friend Jane, as she also enjoys watching these kinds of shows. Plus, I haven't caught up with her for some time. She's a really good friend of mine. We talked about yoga, career plans, our families, everything we could think of discussing. I realize that's what I really miss in the office - having someone whom you can relate with on so many levels. In my present company, well... I'm still praying that I make a real connection soon.

Anyway, here are a few pics taken from the event.

Woodrose Chorale

DLSU-D Chorale

ParaƱaque Bible Christian Church Choir

Minstrels of De La Salle

Pag-Ibig Fund Chorale

Coro de Sta. Cecilia

All the choirs plus a few incumbent Madz for the finale

My cousin, Christopher Borela and I

It was such a great event! I'm just sad that not many people came to watch it. We should support more cultural events such as these. And to think it's only PHP400. Plus, we're Filipinos! Music runs in our blood.

I'm so blessed to have seen this show. I can't wait to watch another local musical event. The Madz is having a Christmas concert on December 15 and 16 at the Cultural Center of the Philippines. Anyone interested? Let's! :-) 

Post: I may have gotten the names of the groups incorrectly. Let me research and update accordingly. Thanks!





No comments:

Post a Comment